US Presidential Election 2020 – Opportunities in the Markets
The next presidential election in the United States of America is on the 3rd November 2020. Being a major world event, the U.S elections outcome may be key for investors as it would affect future policies and their investment implications.
Are you ready to take advantage of the opportunities in the markets?
Impact on Financial markets: Political and economic events can have an effect on the financial markets. This is more so considering that this is a major world event and one which the whole world is watching closely. The impact would result in certain instruments to rise in value and others to drop.
Volatility: Market is generally more volatile during presidential elections where the result is uncertain, meaning there is no one candiate leading the polls or clearly would win. Nonetheless, even if there is a clear lead in the initial polls, final result would not be known till the last minute. Hence, under such uncertainty, market volatility is expected to increase.
Timing: Now is the perfect time to get involved in the markets. Some traders may like to take advantage of the volatitlity and price fluctuations for some of the top financial assets in the world.
Tips for trading
- As the election gets nearer, it would be good to watch closely the opinion polls, economic announcements and news leading up to the election day and even after.
- Ensure you are up to date with reliable and credible news and economic announcements.
- Prepare to hedge your trading portfolio and USD exposure.
- Where you think asset prices will rise, go long on positions.
- Where you think asset prices will fall, go short on positions.
There may only be two candidates, but we believe you would find multiple opportunities from our wide spectrum of products from Stock Indices, Commodities, Precious Metals to Forex.
The information and opinions provided here do not take into account any particular individual's investment objectives, financial situation, or needs, and hence does not constitute as an advice or a recommendation with respect to any investment product. This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Trade with Orient Futures Singapore
To start trading Indices, Commodities or Forex to seize opportunties in the market volatility, register for an Account with us now.
Why should you trade with us?
- We are an MAS-regulated broker and ensure that our client funds are protected.
- We offer tight forex spreads and low all-in costs.
- Trade on the go with our mobile trading app for both Android and iOS devices.
- 24-hour client support via phone, chat, email
- User-friendly client portal where you can manage your accounts and funds without hassle.
Make your trading more efficient
► Trade anytime, anywhere with 24-hour client support
Available on Desktop, tablet and mobile. Enjoy 24-hour support.
► User-friendly Client Portal
View your trade information, self-service trade allocation, manage your funds and more, efficiently including:
- View all your open positions, daily transactions, financial summary and statements at your dashboard.
- Easy self-service of trade services such as trade allocation, without calling
- Deposit/ Withdraw funds and FX conversion
Open An Account
Unlock our full range of products and trading tools with a live account. Apply now
Have a question about getting started with us?
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions
You may also contact us via the following channels:
call +65 6955 7500
We’re here 24 hours a day, from Monday to Friday.