OFIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Orient Futures International (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (“we”, “us”, “our” or “OFIS”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”).
This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
The data protection laws that apply to OFIS varies depending on where OFIS’ products and services are provided and/or where OFIS’ customers are located. Where it is stated in this Notice that a provision applies “to the extent required by [the applicable law],” such provision will be applicable only to the extent that OFIS is subject to the relevant law.
1. Information that OFIS collects
OFIS collects information about you and your interest and relationship with OFIS, including products and services which are relevant to you.
Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your NRIC number, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information.
Such information is collected,
from you or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after
- you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and
- you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes; or
when collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws.
We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
2. Purpose for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
We may collect and us your personal data for any, or all of the following purposes:
- in conjunction with section 25.5 of our Client Agreement;
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority; and
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information.
We may disclose your personal data,
- where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
- to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform for us, any of the functions listed in the purposes of collection above.
3. Retention of Personal Data
OFIS shall retain your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes stated in Section 2 above, and take reasonable measures to destroy any personal data that is no longer necessary to meet those purposes.
We may use "cookies" (where a small data file is sent to your browser) to store and track information about you when you enter our websites. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred sites. While this cookie can tell us when you enter our sites and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
5. OFIS Security Measures
To safeguard your personal data, OFIS will take all reasonable measures to protect it from unauthorized or accidental access, processing or loss, by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and supervisory controls.
You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
6. How you can control your information
If you believe OFIS has inaccurate information about you and you want to correct such data, or if you wish to know what personal data OFIS has of you in connection to your relationship with us or how your personal data has been used, or if you wish to request for your personal data to be deleted, you may e-mail OFIS at email@example.com or write to OFIS at the below address with your request.
Orient Futures International (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
1 Wallich Street
#30-03 Guoco Tower
7. Contacting us
The privacy of your personal data is important to us. As such, OFIS has designated a Personal Data Protection Officer from within the Senior Management Team to look after your interest.
If you have any questions about this Notice, or OFIS’ handling of your personal data, please email our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org